Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

May 11, 2006

WHAT?

Papa Smurf. My boss bears a striking resemblance to Papa Smurf. If he was blue it would be dead on. He's short has a white beard and always wears a hat. He smurfs all over himself occasionally too.

I have decided that it doesn't matter how much I hate my job. I have a great family, 2 cars that work, a nice house, my Mom and Dad now live within driving distance, and we are all relatively healthy.

SPEC Man. This is what they call me at work. It is a term of endearment. I know or can quickly access any of the specifications for the jobs we are building or the tests we are running. People I used to work for or used to work with will call me to find out specs.

I hate Memphis. I have lived in Cincinnati, Houston, Richmond Virginia, Indianapolis, and Memphis. Memphis is the worst. I can find something good to say about all of the other cities I have lived in.

I hate my job. If I did my job as poorly as I do it well, I will still get the same raise and would not get fired. I have no chance for advancement and no motivation.

I turn 30 this year. I will be married 10 years this year. My oldest daughter turns 6 this year. I still feel about 24.

Nicole. We already knew you had trouble with your morals... but your Morels also? SHEESH.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Ok, that is funny. Point for you.

Friday, May 12, 2006 8:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home