Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

April 25, 2006

Stanky Creek


I know the name is awful but this park is cool. It is just a crap load of woods with 12 miles of bike trails in it. The only development in the whole park is a parking lot at the trail head and a few hand made wooden bridges over the creeks. I can walk out of my back door take about 35 steps be in the woods another 35 steps and I am on the trail. I don't cycle but I love hiking in the woods. I take the two dogs for a hike at least twice a week when weather allows. The great part is with the short fence across my backyard I really feel like I am in a rural subdivision.
For those that have been asking I live off the yellow trail in the NW corner of this map where the arrow says "to subdiv." right near the double gully.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're mean

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

who are you and why am I mean?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

in some cultures it's considered impolite to take dogs on hikes more than once a week...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

DO WHAT?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks pretty awesome. There's a riverwalk here with several miles of trails and I virtually live on the thing.

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

nico, if not for the park I think I would have left this house to get out into the country years ago.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home