Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

April 28, 2006

Memphis + Conference USA = :(

I was over on ESG, and he had a pretty interesting discussion going about realigning the conferences. All of it is pure speculation because no one is going to change as long as they are all raking in buckets o cash. It did get me to thinking about the Memphis Tigers and C-USA.

There is little doubt that Memphis' relatively recent success is all in spite of C-USA. Talk around town is that they need to join a different conference. My question is always, Ok which one?

SEC - Owns the Memphis market with Ole miss, TN, Bama, and Arkansas. No way are they letting memphis in.

Big East - Too big, if they wanted them they would have taken them 2 years ago.

ACC - No chance.

Big 12 - Are they even looking, if they are it is not at memphis.

Big 10, PAC 10, - Doesn't make sense geographically.

Any other ideas to shoot down? I don't see where they could go from a multisport perspective, but would love someone to give me a viable option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home