Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

April 03, 2006

Where have all the cowboys gone?

What happened to the western genre? I think that the loss of 1 great western flick a year is a real loss for the movie industry. I think EDSBS had a great point that the great alpha male actors have gone to the wayside.
Hollywood has decided that men be wimpy and emotional(or gay). Even the last great cowboy has been emasculated. (Bridges of Madison County). The last great western movie I can remember being made was Tombstone. Its not that others haven't tried but they always seem to fall flat. Unforgiven was another great one. Too many of the new westerns are too much like rock videos, or they have a weak leading man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home