Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

April 02, 2006

Memphis Weather

Weather here is crazy tonight, but I think that the local weather men live for this. They have been going non-stop for at least 4 hours. Anyway, if anyone other than todd reads this let me know if your weather people are like this also. I have lived here for 12 years... God I hate that... and I lived in quite a few other cities, but Memphis seems like the worst for overhyping weather. We had some pretty impressive golf ball size hail mixed with marble size hail, I went out afterwards and brought some in for my girls. They thought it was really cool.
UPDATE:
I just realized that it sounded bad when I wrote "if anyone besides todd" line. I just figured he was the only one besides myself actually looking at this blog. So comment away if you would like todd.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

My brother lives there and he says the same thing.

My experience when I've been there is that it's one extreme or the other. I had to evacuate Katrina and I went to Memphis to stay with him and the city was hit with some pretty good storms as the hurricane passed, but they down played it a lot. I'm like hello, a hurricane that just swallowed N.O. is over you. Sure, it's less strong now, but you might want to take note!

Btw, what area of Memphis are you in?

Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

I live just North of Bartlett, in the county.

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:44:00 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

i don't even pay attention to the weather anymore, the weather guys here are ALWAYS wrong.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:45:00 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

Being in construction, I am like an amateur weatherman. I think that I get it right at least as much as they do.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home