Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

June 15, 2006

Father's Day Present

I got my Father's Day present early:


This music is awesome. I thought this might be a little on the cheesy side, but it really works. I heard some previews on amazon and really dug it. Now that I have listened to the full CD's I think that Metallica in this format really resonates. If you can step back from thinking about it as Metallica music and just think of it as bluegrass it is just a great representation of what modern bluegrass can be.

9 Comments:

Blogger fifipoo07 said...

thanx for the many many comments last night. I got inspired by your one about the US cricket team so I've posted on them and cricket in general. Hope u enjoy. Frustrated.

Friday, June 16, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

I actually did it!! Watched the game and commented on it. Game was pretty tense huh? If Italy had won they wouldn't have deserved it.

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definately need to check those CDs out. As a former metalhead and current bluegrass afficianado, those sound like they'd be right up my alley.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

Nico, there are some that don't do it for me, but these guys do it as well as possible. I think sanitarium is awesome in this format.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Hi if you are interested just blogged on England game. we won group but it was not pretty and yet again we have an injury crisis with a striker. Pippa.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Thanx for adding me to links btw. Just wondered what your reaction was/and or what the general reaction is to the USA exiting the world cup. Seems to me that the penalty was a DREADFUL decision. Pippa.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Thanx once again for comment. Great that you are supporting the three lions, don't feel bad about it, we all supported Ireland in 94. Sadly UK not been well represented in world cup in past 24hours as it looks like one of our referees is going to be sent home. Hopefully not an omen for the Ecuador match.Pippa

Friday, June 23, 2006 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Just wondered how the world cup is going down now that US are out? We've just had the best match so far. Argentina V Mexico. Am crossing everything and praying for England today. Pippa

Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Just wondered if u saw the England match and what you thought?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home