Beer and Football

The best things in life. My Random thoughts and probably plenty of complaining.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

Married w/ 2 great daughters. I do construction testing and inspection, mainly runways and roadways. I root for 2 colleges, University of Memphis, and Notre Dame. I like the Cincy Reds and the Tennessee Titans. Favorite beer is Guinness, followed by anything by Schlafly.

May 31, 2006

Why I Hate University of Tennessee Football

Having been inspired by EDSBS I have decided to explore why I hate UT. So here are my reasons in no particular order:
1. Pus-gut himself



Thats right Phillip Fulmer I can not stand this man. Watching him on the sidelines makes me sick. The comparisons to Rockne because of the winning percentage was laughable. The second best part of last year was UT sucking and watching him have no clue what to do about it.
2. The color:

Even Cheerleaders and food look ugly in Orange.

The only benefit of this color is it makes Tennessee fans easy to pick out. It's called fan profiling: Know it, Love it.

3. THE FANS

My name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

Legions of them and all of them surround me. In Memphis they are intolerable. Always calling the talk shows to tell everyone how great they are. Amazingly they have been silent about their greatness the past year. Another great thing about them is they are insecure. They can neither make fun of their own team or participate in anything that makes fun of their team. My wife's family are all UT fans and they loved giving me crap about ND being down, but last year none of them wore their orange or wanted to discuss football at all.

4. It's totally irrational.

Damn you and your tasty frozen treats.

All of these other things spring from the fact that I just hate the vols. I can't point to one specific thing that really started it, if they switched coaches, changed colors, and their fans left me a lone, I would still hate them. It's like my hatred for the Ice Cream Man, I will always hate him although really he has done nothing to me

.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I down with the Tennessee hatred!

Monday, June 19, 2006 3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home